Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Number Two Done

"How has the Internet and the vast resource it can be affected your use of time at work and/or at home? "

It is definitely a double-edged sword. Some things are amazingly quick - remember the days you had to sit on hold to talk to a ticket agent in order to take a vacation? Now you can be on your way in a matter of minutes. On the other hand, it is a HUGE time sucker. I frankly don't always want to be that in touch with everything - it's exhausting. I don't like the fact that everytime I pass a computer I get this desire to check my email. What's up with that? It has just become an automatic reaction. I am still resisting getting a computer for my home - yes, that's right, I don't own a computer. I think knowing about 2.0 things and how to use them does not automatically translate into 2.0 love.

1 comment:

Jerry the Librarian said...

No computer at home? I do not understand how a Librarian cannot have a computer at home. It makes my head hurt just thinking about it. Then again I do not really understand much about anything, so this fits in well with the rest of my knowledge.

excelsior